Recently I was asked by a student:
"I noticed there are some jobs posted on the SciWorks showing that "Salary is not available." Does that mean I do not get paid if I take this job?"
ABSOLUTELY NOT!! These are all paid positions! It just means that at the time of posting the employer might have a reason for keeping the salary off. Could be certain funding that needs to be confirmed or it may be negotiated during the interview and the employer has chosen not to show the amount.
All SIP positions are PAID positions. If you find your own internship and is not paid SIP will not support the internship. You cannot solely use scholarship money or bursaries yourself have found to pay for the internship.
- Who to contact
- Medical and Health Benefits
- Full time student status
- Looking for jobs
- Find your own internship
- Apply as soon as possible
- While on Placement - Arrive on Time
- Cover Letter
- Action Verbs
- Do's & Don'ts for your application
- While on Placement - Learn the office etiquette
- Follow up
- While on placement - Dress code
- While on Placement - Vacation time
- Sick Time
- After the job - follow up with the employer
- After the job - thank the employer
- After the internship - Fill out the survey